Thursday, July 3, 2014

Murray Park - Painting with Friend, Linda Flannery

Also visit my website at www.colleenreynolds.com 
















Day 6 of "Daily Paintings From Life" - I have to give myself credit for going "out there," but I cannot claim success this day. Yet another frustrating plein air experience for me. I am going to look back on this painting, and it will be a measure of how one gets better with practice, I think. It is only fair to show the good with the bad, though, right? 

I tried to capture the two mothers as they passed by us. I liked that they were walking in step together, as they pushed their babies. They also had a little dog with them, but I edited him/her out. I actually do like that part of the painting. Maybe I can crop it do….. Well, look at that! That might just work. 
"A Walk in the Park" Buy it now
So I put that one aside and started a little color study of the smoke trees that first attracted me to that spot anyway. Linda Flannery, my painting buddy for the day, did a wonderful painting, and I used her for inspiration. I wish I would have had a thought to take a photo of her painting, so I could show what a real "plein air" painter does on location. 

"Smoke Tree Color Study"




No comments:

Post a Comment